Flickr Badge

www.flickr.com
Rachel.Drummond's items tagged with badge More of Rachel Drummond's Photography at Flickr
Reload this web page for another set of photographs.

Sunday, July 10, 2005


Now, this is just a kind of weird photo. I saw these doves resting in the shade of a tree. I metered the light, calibrated my camera without ever pointing it at them. When I finally begin my slow approach to shoot, I startled one and it took off, the other hadn't reacted yet.

The shape of the flying dove (the blur behind the still dove) has a very birdlike feel to it without actually looking like a bird. I was reminded of a Terry Pratchett book called A Hatful of Sky in which the main character comes from a village which has a rock which captures the essence of "horse-ness" without actually looking like a horse. In our world, I would call that good abstract art, but on the Discworld it could be just about anything. :) Posted by Picasa

No comments: