Flickr Badge

www.flickr.com
Rachel.Drummond's items tagged with badge More of Rachel Drummond's Photography at Flickr
Reload this web page for another set of photographs.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

OGMO Found

I haven't posted since the Moon Festival, as you can see. That night OGMO ("Oh Great Maned One" as named by my pal Julie W.) wandered away. He's a fourteen-year-old, nearly blind, diabetic, neutered cat. I adopted him as a kitten from the Dumb Friends League the same day my first cat, Meow aged 17, died.

Anyhow, for ten days or so, he was missing. At night I could hear the coyotes yipping, during the day foxes nest in our backyard. The last few days were freezing and snowing. I was depressed and lost hope for him. Then one neighbor called and had seen him, then another neighbor called and told me to look at the Buddy Center's web site. I'd put in a report of a lost cat, but somehow it wasn't matched to him when he came in.

The picture below is what I saw -- my own beloved goofball. He'd been picked up the day before the big snow and was found about a block from my house next to the "LOST CAT NAMED OGMO" sign. It wasn't till I actually got him home that I had a real good cry about the whole thing. Other than a slight intestinal infection and going from 17 pounds to 12, he's doing great, happy to be home and sleeping at my feet again.

  Posted by Picasa

No comments: