Flickr Badge

www.flickr.com
Rachel.Drummond's items tagged with badge More of Rachel Drummond's Photography at Flickr
Reload this web page for another set of photographs.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Family Flowers

I think if we have a family flower, it might be the Iris, if for no other reason than my father has painted lots and lots of them. Other flowers in the running would be the Rose, Pansy, and Marigold. Very pretty: appearing at first complex but then on second glance simple in its repeating symmetries. In this type, I think of it as the 'default', I like the shifts from mauve (sienna? medium carmine? maroon?) to purple to cream to orange to bold yellow. I also think they look like the kind of plant that would eat an unwary space traveller in a low-budget sci-fi adventure.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: