Flickr Badge

www.flickr.com
Rachel.Drummond's items tagged with badge More of Rachel Drummond's Photography at Flickr
Reload this web page for another set of photographs.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Faces of Kai


Goofy Kai and Kai who is bored, thinking, sleepy, sad? I think he was sleepy given some of the other shots in the group. But, he does spend quite a bit of time fretful, anxious, pensive. I worry that some of my less desirable mental traits have been passed on to him through genes or environment. I guess every parent worries about that. I suppose my best plan is to try and guide him through any similar problems (and do I have the experience with that), while avoiding exacerbating them with my own symptoms.

Since it was a long car trip he could have also been about to ask "Are we there yet?" See, I'm doing it again.

Photographically, I like the color tone on each. In the pic on the left, like the comfort at home (though I suppose the setting only comes across as inside). On the right his mood is not so vibrant outside. I like the in-your-face whimsy and eyes shut trust of the first; the second is distant (illustrated by the seatbelt in the foreground) and the tilt of his head to the side isn't actively engaging the viewer.

I'm so artsy-fartsy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: