Flickr Badge

www.flickr.com
Rachel.Drummond's items tagged with badge More of Rachel Drummond's Photography at Flickr
Reload this web page for another set of photographs.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Take Your Kids to BioHazard Work Day

Okay, it wasn't as exciting as all that since we work with tame bugs. But they were suitably impressed with putting on saftey glasses and stirring solutions with a vortexer. Kai made a DNA molecule from my wooden model kit, all the kids took home some petri dishes with their germy handprints incubating, and then picked out some candy from our break room.

The boys were home for spring break and I thought it would be nice to have them meet everyone. They've been a bit curious about this new change in my schedule and my coworkers have been politely inquiring as to the children whose pictures have wallpapered my wall of the office.

I limited the exposure to about 15 minutes, but Kai was having so much fun with the little gadgets I think he was ready to apply to be the next lab tech. Everyone was so friendly, even Rowan who had an attack of the bashfuls, warmed up quickly.

I'm the only one in the main office who has kids, though one of my office mates is going to be a father any time now. I always wonder if this sort of visit inspires people to get refills on the birth control or to trigger their biological alarms a-ringing.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Josh Gentry said...

I'd like to hear more about your super cool job.

Hypatia said...

Okie dokie... I'll post more in the next few posts!