Flickr Badge

www.flickr.com
Rachel.Drummond's items tagged with badge More of Rachel Drummond's Photography at Flickr
Reload this web page for another set of photographs.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Wack-a-Doos and Don'ts

If I had to suggest lifestyle changes to anyone, and I suppose I do because I'm a busybody, I would say: do not change or start a new job the same day as your spouse and the same day as you are switching child transportation / school preparations and the same month that your family catches some flu-like health curse. That's how January went. Ugh.

The kids are adjusting great though, even an ear infection didn't slow Kai down. He had some vague complaints of sore ears, but not enough to stop him from going to a birthday party featuring inflatable bouncy architecture.

I guess if you're going to do it though, all-at-once is a way. Theo started working for IBM from home. I guess all their employees are working from home nowadays. That worked out well since I had an extra two hours in my day just for transportation to work, but he has all the morning chaos now. He got smart though and hired one nice woman with four kids under eight years old, to watch Jasmine in the afternoons -- like an extended daily playdate, and another nice woman to drive Kai, Rowan and our carpooling partner Aimee home from school. Definitely some bucks, but it gets him some needed work time.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: