Flickr Badge

www.flickr.com
Rachel.Drummond's items tagged with badge More of Rachel Drummond's Photography at Flickr
Reload this web page for another set of photographs.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Omen Mountain

I'm not sure the name of this peak. It's just south of Walsenburg and this picture was taken standing on Highway 160, just after I retreived my hubcap. There are a number of things that I saw on the way that I want to take pictures of -- sometime I don't have three easily bored children with me.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Josh Gentry said...

Probably further along 160, closer to Fort Garland, is a personal holy spot for me. There is one of those little rest stops that is nothing but a couple covered picnic tables and corresponding garbage cans. This one has something extra, however.

It's a little marker, kind of looks like a small version of one of those roadside historical markers. When you stand directly in front of it to read it, a snow capped peak towers behind. The marker says, "It doesn't really matter." And there's a man's name. I image the marker, and perhaps the whole rest stop, as a memorial to that man.

I keep meaning to return there on one of the drives back from Colorado, but I keep deciding to take the faster route home.