Flickr Badge

www.flickr.com
Rachel.Drummond's items tagged with badge More of Rachel Drummond's Photography at Flickr
Reload this web page for another set of photographs.

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy 4th of July



We had a great day yesterday blowing up a ton of money -- I mean fireworks. I'm still working on my fireworks photographic techniques, but I'm getting better. I think I just need to blow more stuff up, just for practice you understand. It's all in the name of art. Really.

The sparklers were a big hit with Jasmine. I'm afraid she got a little too excited, but Rowan has very good reflexes. Kai thought her exuberance (or near alighting of their brother) was very funny. Once we got her calmed down we were able to start the real fireworks. Unfortunately, this year the booms frightened her and she wanted to go inside for the majority of the explosions.

I didn't expect her reaction since last year the pretty lights overcame the negative aspects of the sudden noise. She's been a lot more sensitive about her environment this year than last. She's still changing at high speed; I suppose it's all part of catching up to her chronological age.





Posted by Picasa

No comments: