Flickr Badge

www.flickr.com
Rachel.Drummond's items tagged with badge More of Rachel Drummond's Photography at Flickr
Reload this web page for another set of photographs.

Monday, July 21, 2008

NOAH Series


I've been on a little posting hiatus. I wasn't super happy about my NOAH pictures. I'm really crappy at taking indoor photos, my lighting technique sucks and my timing is generally off. Part of the added problem was that I wasn't taking very many photos. That makes it harder to find the few gems in the muck. I took a lot of muck shots that weekend.

It is a shame that I don't have more pictures. We had an incredible time at our first NOAH conference. Jasmine was over the moon meeting all these people. I don't think she'd ever met any adults with albinism before. She also met many, many xiǎo péng you (little friends).

One of her friends, Natalie, spent quite a long time with Jasmine racing back and forth in the grand ballroom. Natalie is five years old and ran so much that she even had Jasmine out of breath. Quite a feat.

These pictures came out great in terms of capturing movement, but the colors were massively funky. Very yellow, orange. Part of this was definitely due to the fact that the carpeting was a very ugly brown, yellow, orange, and part I think was the incandescent lighting. Combine this with my flash and I achieved some color casting that was truely appalling and unfixable. I don't know, maybe I'm being too critical. Anyway, here are the running pictures in black and white.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Matt Dick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt Dick said...

Sorry, my last post got formatted badly. This should be better.

I love the last shot. Motion is so much fun. I'm sure your orange cast is the lighting--I had the same issue with Margot's basketball games this past year.

Here are a few motion shots I've played with, they are fun when they work out:

Not the greatest, but Margot and Ethan are on the swingset. They were moving awfully fast and I couldn't get it how I wanted it, with slightly more swing in the shot--it was too bright for that:

On the swings

From the window of the commuter train into Chicago. I've been accused of over-using the "motion blur" tool in Photoshop. When you're falsely accused of using Photoshop, it means you're doing something right:

Pepsi Truck

My favorite, also take from the train of a Bluebird Bus stopped at the intersection as the train went through:

Bluebird

drsfze