Flickr Badge

www.flickr.com
Rachel.Drummond's items tagged with badge More of Rachel Drummond's Photography at Flickr
Reload this web page for another set of photographs.

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Sugar Weasel Number One

We've made it through another Halloween. I felt like a bum of a mother since we purchased costumes for the second year running. It's for the same reason that my Blogging has been non-existent this past couple of months. School and job search. I graduate December 15th with my Master's of Science degree in Applied Mathematics with a Certificate in Computational Biology. Woohoo. Just a few homework assignments, on presentation and a final exam and I'm finished. Hard to believe. Now I'm exploring the careers that exist in the crossover between Biology, Mathematics, and Computer Science and trying to find one that fits me.

I took a little break a went to Mile High Convention with the kids and then the past two days went to Roxborough State Park and crunched through scrub oak leaves with them. Here's Kai with his best smug look.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Matt Dick said...

You could work for the Discovery Institute lying about the meaning of "complexity"...

pxunlpof

Hypatia said...

I think I'm more likely to be involved in a deprogramming team that is hired to rescue those taken in by DI.

DI'ers are really a twisted bunch. I'm still trying to figure out how much is stupidity, how much is ignorance, and how much is some perverse desire to cynically empower a church through any means necessary.

Have you read Intelligent Design: Creationism's Trojan Horse?

Among a ton of anti-religion bumper stickers I have "What Schools Need is a Moment of Science".

Matt Dick said...

I have not read ID:CTH, but I have read a lot about it all, and I actually subscribe to the DI's podcast.

I think the DI phenomenon is a case of them "knowing" that ID is correct and so being willing to lie about it so they can get the word out. Noble lying in the cause of ID. That and the natural confirmation bias of scientific investigation in the service of a philosophy.

It is indeed a crazy thing.

jerpwfem